New site improvements
In the beginning of this year we created a crowdfunding campaign to improve this website.
Thanks to the help of donors from all over the world we have achieved the goal in only 6 months! We want to thank you all for your support. Thanks to you this website is now a reality.
These are the new features:
- Two languages, Portuguese and English. In the first version it was not possible to do it, but we believe that it is very important to have both languages.
- Now all the tiles have a fact sheet, where detailed features are included about each one.
- Google Maps has been integrated to show the location on the map and the building in Street View.
- We upgraded the map of Porto with all the tiles in the catalogue, which is automatically updated every time a new one is added.
- Now you can comment and share the tiles.
- We have a search engine now to easily locate tiles by street name.
- Finally we can update the blog, which we will be updating with the research work we are developing, news and important events.
- As this is a non-profit project any help is important. So now it is possible to collaborate in two different ways: sending pictures of tiles that are not yet part of the catalogue or making donations.
- We have a newsletter, so if you want to be updated on the project’s news you can subscribe.
- Many people visualize the web in their phones, so we have improved the visualization of the web in this kind of devices.
We still have a lot of work ahead completing the fact sheets and translating some texts, but we wanted to launch the website now so that you can continue to enjoy this important heritage.
The website has been created by Humanfirst, a digital product design agency. Thanks for the great work!
We hope you like this new website. Any feedback is welcome 🙂
Alba & Marisa